Who we are
Soll Leisure is a charity leisure management company operating sites in Oxfordshire, Kent and Hampshire. Our mission is to get MORE PEOPLE, MORE ACTIVE, MORE OFTEN. We are a not for profit organisation with a purpose to provide leisure opportunities for the communities that we serve with all surpluses re-invested into the service and community. Soll Leisure understands the benefit of linking sport and recreation with our facility management, to provide health benefits through physical activity for the local communities.
- To provide or assist in the provision of facilities and services for recreational, sporting or other leisure time activities in the interest of the public at large and for social welfare.
- Grow participation to financially support the business and target disadvantaged groups.
- Encourage healthy and active lifestyles.
- To reduce the impact on the environment.
- Provide or assist in the provision and management of a wide range of facilities from art, culture and heritage to parks and open spaces.
Soll's vision is to get 'More People, More Active, More Often' and is doing this by being a fun and innovative company that is affordable, accessible and profitable.
- Passion - I take pride in all that I do, I am enthusiastic and energetic in my approach to work, I inspire people to achieve goals.
- Professionalism - I smile, I listen and acknowledge customers opinions, I pro-actively look for ways to increase my personal effectiveness.
- Exceeding Expectations - I establish customer needs and aim to exceed expectations, I go the extra mile, I seek ways to improve customer services and working practices.
- Integrity - I treat others with respect in all situations, I am sincere and honest in all that I do, I make decisions that have the interests of the company at heart.
- People Focus - I am always approachable and helpful to customers and colleagues, I actively listen to customers and colleagues, I provide correct and up to date information to customers and colleagues.
- Ownership - I take responsibility for the commitments I make to customers and colleagues, I take personal responsibility for communicating effectively, I take ownership of customers problems regardless of where the responsibility for the problem lies.
What we've achieved...
- Supported 1,751,287 people to take part in health & fitness activities over the past 3 years.
- Our Active Pass Scheme supports local disadvantaged groups to be active. Resulting in 1,630 visits from low income and disability groups.
- Helped over 500 people with long term medical conditions to begin and sustain an active lifestyle.
- Supported 22 national sports people to reach full potential in their sports.
- Worked in partnership with local Charities, District Councils and Council Sports Partnership’s.
- Provided over 300 subsidised memberships for local military, NHS and emergency services.
- Delivered fun and sociable sports sessions for over 60’s resulting in 3,354 visits.
- Launched targeted exercise & diet courses for local residents to lead healthier lifestyles.
- Grown our swim school and are now teaching over 300 children a week to swim.
- Supported adults with learning disabilities to take part in sports and fitness sessions
- Received £10k in funding for local disadvantaged groups to take part in sports and fitness activities across our sites.
- Delivered funded projects for local disadvantaged groups to access sports and fitness activities.
- Fund Raising in the community for local charities including Macmillan coffee morning, sport relief and studio cycling events.
- Supported and guided 4 apprentices in the last 18 months to achieve their qualifications and are currently supporting 4 more to achieve theirs.
- Invested over £518,000 into improving our facilities over the past 3 years.
Local Authority & Landlords
South & Vale District Council
Ashford Borough Council
MEPC - Colliers International
Lidl UK Assets
County Sport Partnerships & Trusts
Oxfordshire Sports and Physical Activity (OxSPA)
Hampshire & IOW Sport
NHS / Community Health
Local Health Centres
National Governing Bodies
Amateur Swimming Association - Badminton England
The Football Association
Sport & Leisure Partners / Charites
A Better Medway
Register for Exercise Professionals
Age Uk / Generation Games
Home Farm Trust
DAMASCUS Youth Project
Local sports clubs
Young Carers Oxfordshire
Quit 4 Life, Hampshire Stop Smoking
Our Partners & Projects
Our partnership work has allowed us to deliver a variety of projects to support local communities. Together with our partners we aim to support people to overcome barriers and enjoy a healthy, active lifestyle. Some examples of successful projects are detailed below:
Style Acre support adults with learning disabilities in Oxfordshire. Our partnership work has enabled the Style Acre participants to take part in virtual cycling, Badminton, Rebound Therapy and Karate sessions. Together we have provided fun and sociable sessions allowing the participants to enjoy the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. We have supported many adults with learning disabilities to take part in sport and fitness but most importantly having fun while doing so. We hope to continue to work together to deliver similar projects in the future.
Age UK Oxfordshire is a great charity that supports people through later life with issues such as money, healthcare and well-being. We are continuously working with Age Uk, and their Generation Games programme to support over 60’s to access physical activity in a fun and sociable environment. To date we have provided Badminton, Senior Circuits, Short Tennis, Walking Football, Bowls and Curling for people to try, and they have been a huge success.
Kent Sport and Physical Activity is the County Sport Partnership for Kent. The Kent Sport and Physical Activity Service (Kent Sport) aims to boost participation in sport and physical activity, in order to improve the health and wellbeing of Kent residents. We work closely with Kent Sport to run our Active Star scheme as well as funding opportunities to help get disadvantaged groups active.
Kent Community Health are a team of NHS professionals with a wide range of backgrounds in public health nursing, health promotion, dietetics, psychological support, exercise support and social marketing.. They are committed to reducing preventable diseases and promoting good health. We are working with Kent Community Health to deliver our Exercise on Referral scheme, as well as continuously looking to deliver new projects to improve the health of local residents.
Oxfordshire Sport and Physical Activity (OxSPA) is the County Sport Partnership (CSP) for Oxfordshire. Their focus is to work with partners and stakeholders to add value and increase participation in sport and physical activity for Oxfordshire. We have worked with OxSPA on projects that target a number of disadvantaged groups such as, a Visual Impairment Sports Taster Day, supporting the Active Body, Healthy Mind project for mental health sufferers and finally through our Exercise on Referral schemes.
A Better Medway / Medway Council work to provide the Medway community access to support and information about health & well-being. Help is available to get people more active, healthy eating, mental health, smoking cessation and sexual health. Currently we have supported A Better Medway through our Exercise on Referral scheme and ‘Let’s talk weight’ courses.
The Abingdon Damascus Youth Project prides itself on enabling young people to make a positive difference within their own communities. We support young people through sport & leisure for positive behavioural change by offering concessionary booking hire to take part in sports, gym and exercise classes.
Inclusion Hampshire is a successful alternative education and training services provider, helping young people through small structured teaching groups, to learn in a way that works for them. We have supported their learners through exercise classes and work placements opportunities to support their learning.