Our partnership work has allowed us to deliver a variety of projects to support local communities. Together with our partners we aim to support people to overcome barriers and enjoy a healthy, active lifestyle. Some examples of successful projects are detailed below:
- Style Acre support adults with learning disabilities in Oxfordshire. Our partnership work has enabled the Style Acre participants to take part in virtual cycling, Badminton, Rebound Therapy and Karate sessions. Together we have provided fun and sociable sessions allowing the participants to enjoy the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. We have supported many adults with learning disabilities to take part in sport and fitness but most importantly having fun while doing so. We hope to continue to work together to deliver similar projects in the future.
- Age UK is a great charity that supports people through later life with issues such as money, healthcare and well-being. We are continuously working with Age Uk, and their Generation Games programme to support over 50’s/60’s with accessing physical activity in a fun and sociable environment. To date we have provided Badminton, Short Tennis, Walking Football, Bowls and Curling for people to try and they have been a huge success.
- Oxfordshire Sport and Physical Activty (OxSPA) is the County Sport Partnership (CSP) for Oxfordshire. Their focus is to work with partners and stakeholders to add value and increase participation in sport and physical activity for Oxfordshire. We have worked with OxSPA on projects that target a number of disadvantaged groups such as, a Visual Impairment Sports Taster Day, supporting the Active Body, Healthy Mind project for mental health sufferers and finally through our Exercise on Referral schemes.
- A Better Medway / Medway Council work to provide the Medway community access to support and information about health & well-being. Help is available to get people more active, healthy eating, mental health, smoking cessation and sexual health. Currently we have supported A Better Medway through our Exercise on Referral scheme and by providing weight management courses.
- The Abingdon Damascus Youth Project prides itself on enabling young people to make a positive difference within their own communities. We support young people through sport & leisure for positive behavioural change by offering concessionary booking hire to take part in sports, gym and exercise classes.
Our Partners and Projects
Local Authority & Landlords
South & Vale District Council
Ashford Borough Council
MEPC - Colliers International
Lidl UK Assets
County Sport Partnerships & Trusts
Oxfordshire Sports and Physical Activity (OxSPA)
Hampshire & IOW Sport
NHS / Community Health
Local Health Centres
National Governing Bodies
Amateur Swimming Association - Badminton England
The Football Association
Sport & Leisure Partners / Charites
A Better Medway
Register for Exercise Professionals
Age Uk / Generation Games
Home Farm Trust
DAMASCUS Youth Project
Local sports clubs
Young Carers Oxfordshire
Quit 4 Life, Hampshire Stop Smoking